Thursday, February 18, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
After a challenge with American Landon Donovan, Ashley Cole will need surgery on his broken ankle. Donovan looks like an U.S. National team hit-man taking out one of England's star players ahead of their World Cup clash (Goal)
Let's see of Donovan can last the rest of the season in the EPL with a giant target on his back...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
In your face stories from the world of football
Best of the mid-week headlines from around web:
- Pompey given seven-day stay of execution, can you be relegated before the season is over??? (ESPN)
- Chamakh is a red, then a gunner, now maybe a gunner - who knows (ESPN)
- Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue has WAGs in body paint (Dirty Tackle)
- Top 5 Laziest players in the premier league, no surprise Berbatov tops the list (Who Ate all the Pies)
- Fabregas to Barcelona? No deal yet... this is beginning to look like the Real Ronaldo fiasco (Goal)
- Ronaldo rejected Barcelona before joining Real Madrid - good or bad decision on his part?? (Daily Mail)
- For all you Americans, the Champions league will be broadcasted on FOX - is America starting to catch footy fever? (Fox Soccer)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Adebayor crushes a perfect side volley to give Man City a 2-0 lead over Bolton... can you say Goal of the Week? Tevez also netted from the penalty spot to make it a perfect two for two on this weeks Last Minute Pick-Up. Lets see how these two fair against Stoke on Saturday.
Posted by The Fantasy Hooligan at 4:12 PM
Man City's double game week
Get ready for some mid-week action as we have some very interesting fixtures coming our way this week. Man City's double game week makes this weeks last minute pick-up none other than the Tevez / Adebayor combo. If you can add one of these strikers to your squad, you are guaranteed to rack up some extra points over your opponents as Man City take on a struggling Bolton and Stoke side.
Looking a midfielders this week, Luka Modric has come into excellent form for Tottenham and although they could not find the net over the weekend at Aston Villa, they dominated play, showing that they are ready to make a serious bid for a top four spot. This week they face off against Mick McCarthy's Wolves, who have the second worst goal differential in the league (-22). Look for the Modric to Defoe connection to generate quite a few points for fantasy managers this Gameweek.